Fashionable: what is fashionable today? Able to be fashioned is a root definition, certainly. And somehow today in this hour and across this earth being fashionable has somehow become a status symbol, important, enough so to build entire industries around the concept. I’d like to warn you friends of what the Bible has to say about being fashionable:
- Psalms 115:8 Those who craft them will become like them, as will all those who trust in them.
- Psalms 135:18 Those who craft them—and all who trust in them—will become like them.
- Jonah 2:8 Those who cling to vain idols leave behind the gracious love that could have been theirs.
- 2 Kings 17:15 They rejected the LORD's statutes, the covenant that he had made with their ancestors, and his warnings that he gave them. They pursued meaninglessness—and became meaningless themselves—as they followed the lifestyles of the nations that surrounded them, a practice that the LORD had warned them not to do.
- Jeremiah 2:5 This is what the LORD says: "What did your ancestors find wrong with me that they left me, and pursued worthless things, and so they became worthless?
- Romans 1:23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images that looked like mortal human beings, birds, four-footed animals, and reptiles.
Indeed, God has hard things to say about being fashionable. Somehow many professing to follow the LORD Jesus today are able to discern the false gods of ancient cultures and unable to discern the hybrid, half-human, half-animal-chimera gods our culture is setting right in front of us. Somehow we’ve believed the idea and altogether lie that they are super powered awesome entities we should be ok with. Friends we are sending our kids to school with lunchboxes of cars with personalities (half car half human), wrapping our children in bat boy sheets at night, teaching them to tie spiderman shoes. And when they grow up walking a path we don’t understand, dreaming of being something they are not, and pursuing artificial machine intelligence interface… see where they learned it??? They learned it from us. As we turned away from the teachings of the Bible. All the warnings we have traded for what’s on TV today. We taught them all of this was ok. Well, as for me…
I repent LORD. I’m sorry for not relying on You. I’m sorry for not playing Your Word at night and allowing my children’s ears to be loaded with eternal promises and Truth. Instead trying to calm them with cartoons teaching them homosexuality and self-worship is more than ok, it’s something to aspire toward. I’m so sorry LORD. I repent and will not allow these false gods to influence my family or my property any longer. Thank You for all that You have entrusted me with God. Thank You for showing me everyday the enemy’s plan. Thank you for finishing always with Your 3rd heaven agenda: Salvation. You want me saved from the muck. You want my children delivered from unrighteousness. You want my neighbor to know Your love and not the wickedness of my natural heart. Hoshiana. Save us. O Lord of the heavenly armies. Have Your way in our hearts and homes. We turn to You in this hour of need.
With breadth of heart, length of soul, the depth of mind, and height of strength we worship You; with entirety of our being we need You. In the Name of Jesus, amen.
individual silhouette images within created image source: wikipedia